Carol - Ladies Nite

>>click on image to view picture album - courtesy Bro. John DeSouza

A great performance by our Voices for Christ Choir at the Carol/Ladies Nite Dec 20, 2010.




Ladies / Carol Nite 20th Dec. 2010

Address by the Grand Knight- Simon Mendes

Rev. Father(s), Worthy DD Bro. Mike Muldoon, Past Grand Knights, Ladies & Brother Knights,

I welcome you all to our annual Ladies Nite – also our Carol Nite. At this culminating celebration of the calendar year, we meet fraternally to be together, to remember, to acknowledge gratitude and of course to enjoy.

As we are here together in a festive mood, contrary to the ways of the world, let us remember all our dear family members, our friends and our brothers whom we miss. May I request you to stand in Silent Reflection for a few moments, in their memory. …… Thank you. … You may now sit.

And as the GK of the our Council, I deem it a privilege to have you here, providing me an opportunity to appreciate all who support, assist and spend their time and effort to work for our Council.

I sincerely thank Fr.Bob O’Brien, Pastor and Chaplain of our Council, for his support to our Council and our events. To Fr. Steve Murrin also, a big thank you for your assistance all along. A big round of applause for them.

I have to admit, we continuously, almost on a day to day basis receive assistance from our Church Staff Joanita Miranda and Marilou Alinea. And I call on them to please come forward to receive a token of our appreciation. … Ladies, Brothers let us applaud them

To our DD Bro. Mike Muldoon – District Warden Bro Valens Almeida and to our past Grand Knights Bros. Mathew Rodrigues, Anthony D’Souza, Bro. Fred Gamboa, Bro. Gabriel Ogundele, Bro. Marcel Lemmen and Bro. Valens Almeida - thank you for your support and your guidance. Please stand and be acknowledged.

I thank all Executive Officers, Directors & Chairs and all members of different committees who have worked tirelessly to move our events to success.

And now to you all Ladies, You have always provided support to our Council not only in releasing our Brothers to attend to the Council’s activities while you shouldered the domestic and other fronts in their absence. Words would fail me to express my gratitude. In all humility I admire you for your patience and understanding and willing cooperation. May I request you all including my wife Lynette, to please stand and be recognized. Thank you. Brothers please join me in extending this round of deserving applause on behalf of our Council # 12067 and myself,

Lest I forget my Executive Officers, Brothers may I request you to stand be recognized. ….They work willingly and with dedication. I count on them for having the events successful. Sometimes, it could be my late evening call or a morning call, they are there. Alan Pires (Fraternal Advisor) Dominic Fernandes (Financial Secretary), Joseph Remedios (Deputy Grand Knight), Edwin D’Cruz (Chancellor), Edgar Dias (Treasurer), Hilary D’Souza (Recorder), Patrick Bajcar ( Advocate), Anthony Wong (Warden ), Guards- Venant Ferreira, Satish Karunakaran, Priyal Jayasinghe and Justin Yao, Trustees George Lim, Edward Rodrigues and Hilary Fernandes, Lecturer Bro. Kelvin Netto – Chief Counsellor for the Squires – Savio Pereira and the Directors;

Church – Jestin Nazren

Council - Joe Bonnici

Youth - Joel Pereira

Community – Nigel D’Souza

Family - Tony Mathias

Health - Blood Donor Clinic - Sunil Mudalige

Right to Life - Francis Ho

Website – Luis Gomes

If I have missed anyone, pardon me.

Finally, this event, if we have gathered in so large a number and are enjoying today, it’s due to the unremitting efforts to attain the best, by the team headed by Bro. William Fernandes, his team of Committee members. It is a no frills event but a great one. Ladies and Gentlemen, - may I have your hands for a big round of applause to Brother William Fernandes and his team.

Enjoy the evening. Thank you!